New Grout!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm so excited over my new floors. Okay, they're not new and they're not done, but what I've got finished so far is amazing! I've been detesting my grout for a while now. I know "detest" is a strong word, but it's like the grout would just stare out at me and say, "Look at me! What a horrible housekeeper you are! You let your babies crawl all over me? Ughh!" Yup, that's my inner monologue. I never said I didn't have issues.

So last week, Rhoda at Southern Hospitality mentioned using Patio Paint to paint over her gross grout. Don't know if she actually called her grout gross, and I'm not accusing her of poor housekeeping, but she did say she was ready to rip up her tile for an alternative to the grout situation. Then Judy at Gracious Southern Living used Outdoor Paint by FolkArt. It's sold at any craft store for about $5 for the big bottle. This is the picture she posted-so I knew I was using the right stuff. She used the color Linen, so I did too.

And here is my Before-And-After-All-In-One shot!

7 Creative People Had This To Say:

Judy said...

Isn't that stuff great! The only thing I found out was I went to mop it using FULL STRENGTH amonnia and some of the "grout" came up but I painted back over it. Am I a duffus or what?!?!? Yours looks great...thanks for stopping by and letting me know.

Hugs!
Judy

christygirl said...

This is the coolest thing I've ever heard of. My entry hall grout is DISGUSTING! Now I have hope. If it works, THAT will definitely be blog-worthy. I might have to have you give me a lesson in posting pictures...

Mandy Ford Art & Illustration said...

Just wanted to reply to the question you left on my blog about my planter...it is from Hobby Lobby :)

Anonymous said...

Who knew people could get so happy about grout!?! :o}

Looks great!

The Berry's Patch said...

Wow, what a difference. It looks brand new!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Someone must have used that stuff in our bathroom before we owned it! Sadly a lot of it has come off, so I guess it is time to reapply!

Happy day,
melissa

Alexandra said...

Great solution!