On my list to-do this week, was write a card for each of our homegrown kids for each day we are gone. I usually only had time to write while they were sleeping, and once they were asleep the idea of leaving them for any amount of time broke my heart. Of course, the tone of the letters written while they were awake and roughhousing all around me is a little different. Still sweet though.
With each envelope, I tucked a little piece of something special-a package of stickers, a box of cracker jacks, a sheet of button candy. And on one special day the boys will be opening a package of spongebob briefs. yes, nothing says a mother's love like new underwear.
If you pray, would you pray these things for our family:
- For Baby Girl, that she is healthy (free from virus, disease, parasites, delays)
- That God prepares Baby Girl's heart for us. Please also pray for her transition, attaching quickly and immediately see us as mommy and daddy.
- For a safe trip, that everything goes smoothly (no glitches in paperwork, lost luggage, airlines, Guest Home, etc.) and that we are brought back together as a family of SIX. :)
- For our kids at home with their grandparents-that their time together would be a special time, everyone would stay safe and healthy and sane (the sanity is more for my amazing in-laws than my kids).
- That we are able to serve God while we are being blessed so deeply. That we glorify Him in all circumstances.
- For the biological family, that they know the peace only Christ can give.