Our Family Schedule-Works For Me Wednesday

Wednesday, May 28, 2008



Two weeks ago our pastor, Jeff Jones, reminded us of the profoundly encouraging verse Ephesians 3:20: 
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.
In Jeff's message, he asked us to mentally fill out a blank check for the one thing we would dare to dream that God would fulfill in our lives.  I had already been thinking of what my dream request would be.  It had been on my mind for months and in the past several weeks had seemed impossible.  If God granted me one blank check at this time in my life, I would write it out for making me the best mom I can be to my children.  Motherhood is my job, but it is more than that.  It is my honor, my pride and my joy.  It is also the scariest thing I've ever done.  WAAAY to much is at stake here. Why did I ever think I was qualified for this position?

So anyway, this week I am taking one step closer to being the best mom I can be to my kids.  I am going to try to follow a Daily Schedule for the summer.  What does a schedule have to do with being the best mom I can be?  Well, for one, I have NOT scheduled time to check my email until mid-afternoon.  I also have NOT scheduled time to clean the toilets while the kids are awake.  What I have scheduled are the things I believe are truly important and therefore should not be pushed aside with household tasks.  Things like a devotional time with my kids where I get to tell them how much God loves them, and how he has made them for a reason-to do great things.  

This schedule isn't going to solve all my problems, but I do hope it allows me to live with more integrity.  I tell me kids I love them constantly but then they watch me choose to do something that inhibits my ability to to spend the time necessary for them to perceive that love.  So here's our Family Schedule.  It's beautiful, isn't it?

And before I post this, I must give a huge shout-out to my bro-bro, Jon, who fixed my banner for me.  Who likes my banner?  You know you all do.   


1 Creative People Had This To Say:

thekreativelife said...

Great family schedule! I'm so enjoying looking at everyone's schedules! It's giving me some new and improved ideas for my own! ; )

Thanks so much for sharing!