Yellow Butterflies Quilt

Tuesday, September 18, 2012


My friend is having baby number three this month (or early next).  And it's a girl!  So when I told her I wanted to make a quilt for her, she asked for something yellow with butterflies. What is going on?  Two baby quilts in a row?  Well, they are fun.  
Still need to quilt Cruz' quilt, but school started and sewing time is rare.   

This one went together really fast and I think she likes the fabric...which is the hardest part for me when I'm making something for someone else.  
and I love the blue floral one on the back. 



Butterfly quilts seem to be pretty popular these days, no?  Here are a few more from the interwebs:
Red Pepper Quilts-a scrappy one on black
Little Birdie Secrets- appliqued butterflies
Sew Mama Sew- paper pieced butterfly block

Have you made a spools/butterfly quilt?  I'd love to see!

5 Creative People Had This To Say:

Catie said...

Oooh! That quilt is SO pretty! I've never seen a butterfly quilt before. :)

christygirl said...

I like the appliqued butterflies too, but I LOVE YOURS.

carol said...

Delightful quilt! Your grandmother would be so pleased!

Amanda said...

this is awesome :)

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I love your quilts and the butterfly quilt is so cheery!