WIP: Magformers Quilt Top

Tuesday, January 10, 2012




I've blogged about them before, here and here, but these Magformers really are an every day toy.  We got them for Christmas last year, and I think they have been played with every day since.  In fact, over the weekend, we had a couple over for dinner, who said I 'actually didn't need to put those away' while I  was cleaning up after the kids to put them to bed.  They (real grown ups) didn't mind playing with them while I took the kids up to brush their teeth.

I even like playing with them. And creating quilt tops in my mind with them. Then on graph paper.




I planned to only use my stash, and I did.  But I really love solids and honestly don't mind having a stash of solids, so I made it smaller than my drawing as I was running low on purple and yellow.  and black, which I used all of.  and as soon as I used all my black, I felt the urge to run to the fabric store and get another 2 yards just to have on hand.  I'm not a very good stash buster.

What are you working on this week?

linking up to Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday.

6 Creative People Had This To Say:

Empty Nest Full Life said...

You have become a quilting sensation! I have been a little under the weather lately, but I have several pieces of furniture that I need to work on for my booth, however I am really anxious to get sewing again. Jackie

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I don't know what to be more envious of: your mad quilting skills, or the fact that your planters have flowers in them that are actually alive.

M-R Charbonneau said...

I love it! I'm a huge fan of black with bright colours. I'll have to keep my eyes open for those Magformers -- my kids would love them too.

care said...

I can't believe how much quilting you get done! They are all so beautiful! Our kids LOVE magnatiles, similar but without the space in the middle.

bevkimmel said...

Excellent little quilt-you were so creative! And it is beautiful.

æble said...

Magformers look awesome. But the quilt is better. I really like how you showed from concept to completion. Thanks for sharing.