Simple Draw-string Bag for Toys

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

On my to-do list last week was to make two tote bags.  One I will post later, but one I will share now.  

The kids got these really cool magnet toys -Magformers- for Christmas.  And they really are cool.  But there are about eleventy hundred of them.  So, they needed a draw string bag to contain themselves.  Since the kids build things with the magnets, I chose this tool print from Robert Kauffman fabrics, via Hawthorne Threads-my favorite online fabric store.
  

It's a very simple drawstring bag, with doubled up hemp twine as the thread, because I have tons of it.



Like the Magformers, the bag gets a lot of use.   

On this weeks to-do list: 
host a game night with 4 of our neighbors  
and maybe clean the house. maybe. 

How's your week going?  What's on your list?

5 Creative People Had This To Say:

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Aww I need one of those bags for blocks that seem to end up everywhere...lol Even in my purse!

Kristen, pajama mama said...

i know. don't get me started on blocks. we found them frozen in the ice a few weeks back...how'd they end up in the backyard?

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I wish my to-do list were shorter. I am in need of some quiet down time. Great bag! I am ready to get in to a bit of sewing once again. Jackie

A&W said...

such a great idea, kristen! would love to do some crafting with you! i have a LONG craft to-do list too!

Rachel said...

LOVE the patterns on these bags. What a great idea, adds a little flair for around the house:)