One Thrift Store Find: Three Uses

Friday, July 25, 2008

I found this deliciously gaudy stand for $2 at a thrift store in downtown Plano on Wednesday when I was supposed to be dress shopping for my cousin's wedding. Right now it's propping open my Joy of Cooking (with my hand-scribbled Miser Wat recipe sticking out):

But it also has already been used for this:

And someday may be used sort of like this:

Now I'm off to Hobby Lobby with my gift card to fix up another thrift store find...Happy Friday!

3 Creative People Had This To Say:

Caroline said...

I love that! Isn't fun to find something so unique, yet functional? Good job!

The Berry's Patch said...

Love that idea of using it for the kids and homework. I need something like that.

Caroline said...

HI again! Here is some info on the throat chakra...maybe will give you insight on why you were so drawn to that particular picture. (sorry it's long...)

Blue is the color of the spirit and relates to self expression - speech, communication, the ability to communicate our needs and requirements; Spirit of truth and purpose. This is a mentally-relaxing color. Blue has a pacifying effect on the nervous system and brings great relaxation - ideal for sleep problems, and hyper-active children. Connects us to holistic thought, and gives us wisdom and clarity enhancing communication and speech.