{ADOPTION UPDATE}

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Since I get asked almost daily (well every day I make it out further than the mailbox, that is) what the latest is with our adoption, I thought all sixteen of you who read PajamaMama would like another Adoption Update post. Am I right? 'Course, I'm right...so here goes...

Well, we’re still waiting for our referral.

(Again, Referral= moment in which your adoption agency calls and says, “Are you ready to meet your child?” and you continue to hold your breath for the rest of the day as you wait for the email containing pictures, histories and medical reports on your real live boy or girl). After that wait, you... wait some more. This time for a court date when a judge determines this child is in fact yours. Then, another antsy wait while you get everything ready for a trip of a lifetime and another member of the family.

We've been on the official waiting families list for 3 months now, which means that we should be half way to The Phone Call. (For some free-time-filler, search for 'adoption referral phone calls' on youtube...and I dare you not to cry)

And, you are now up to date. We are about half way to the half way mark. Pretty exciting, I know. Maybe next week I'll fill you in on what I've been doing while waiting....maybe.


8 Creative People Had This To Say:

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

I know how the wait is...and having others ask. We might be 8 years away (no, that is not a typo) from our referral so I just laugh when anyone asks me.

And no way am I watching referral phone call videos! Between those and "gotcha day" videos I can ball my eyes out for hours. My husband always rolls his eyes and shakes his head when he knows I'm looking at that stuff on youtube. I can't watch those until after the kids are in bed or my DH has taken them out for the morning...

But I can't wait to see your call video in a couple of months! Here's hoping for sooner, sooner, sooner!

Congrats being to the halfway point to learning about your baby...

Anonymous said...

how exciting. have you ever written a post about your calling to adoption? i would love to read about that journey. we have 3 little ones and have always wanted 4 children. We are torn about whether to have another baby (i did miscarry at christmas) or whether to adopt. I would love to hear your thoughts.

can't wait to watch your referral phone call video :)

Kristen, pajama mama said...

oh no...you guys totally misread that post...there is NO WAY I'm posting our Phone Call-I'll likley go to the "ugly cry" place...maybe we'll capture it with some stills...ha!

Aimee said...

I am so excited for you guys! So exciting. I have a Panasonic DMC-FZ8. I use it all the time! I wish I was a little better though:)

Kayla said...

Thinking of you! I hope that it all passes quickly for you.

christygirl said...

It must be so hard to wait and wait and wait! Our friends (http://wadewhereabouts.blogspot.com/) are traveling in ONE WEEK! Eeeeeeeee! Soon it will be your turn, and we can't wait! Have you checked out her blog? (Or mine? I actually posted finally...get off the floor.)

Angi said...

I love the updates on this amazing journey! I hope we can play again soon!

Amy said...

I am praying for you guys. Can't wait to hear about your call.

I got my postcards that I won from your giveaway. Thank you so much. They turned out so cute.
Blessings,
Amy