{A Mother's Bouquet}

Sunday, March 29, 2009

The last time when you ran to me
Still small enough to hold
The last time that you said you'd marry
me when you grew old
Precious simple moments and
bright flashes from your past--
Would I have held on longer
if I'd have known they were your last?
-from Let Me Hold You Longer by Karen Kinsgbury



Belle is five and still brings me flowers every time we step outside. And every bouquet is sweet and appreciated. I'm not sure when she will get too busy to bring them to me or when it will no longer occur to her to pick something for me. So for now, I treasure each and every little handful.

Thanks, Emily, for starting Tuesdays UnWrapped at Chatting at the Sky to remind us to celebrate the small things!

8 Creative People Had This To Say:

Amanda said...

Sweet!
Yesterday when we played outside Husband had Hannah bring me a dandelion and I loved it. :o)

T!ff@ny said...

OH MY GOSH! I LOVE this book!! She read it at an E Women's conference that was here last year. I CRIED my eyes out the whole time she read it. It reminded me to savor EVERY little thing about my little one!! Awww!!! Thanks for sharing! I don't know if you listen to country music but that song "It won't be like this for long..." reminds me to savor childhood!!!

MamaHen Em said...

Thanks for a great reminder to hold onto those moments. Just this weekend my girlie brought me dandelions and I'm pretty sure I failed to appreciate them :( It goes by much, much to quickly.

Sandee said...

Hi, I found myself here from "Like a Warm cup of coffee" and it seems like we had the same motivation today, savoring our children. :) ALso, I am too, adopting from that "country that makes beautiful babies" ...(Or however you put it. :) ) I am adopting a 7 year old girl and am waiting every day to hear I passed court. Blessings on your journey!

Goat Gal said...

I found my way here from Like a warm cup of coffee.
God is so good at delivering the reminders that I need daily. Thank you for this post.

Sarah Mae said...

I don't even want to think of the day when my sweet little girl is "too old" for me. I love her so much and want her to stay three FOREVER!

emily freeman said...

Thanks for linking up Pajama Mama! This is such a sweet post...I have one who brings me flowers too and I'm the worst about not cherishing those little wilted weeds. A small celebration is certainly in order for that, though. Thanks for sharing this moment with us!

mamamia said...

LOVE that poem! It is so true! And little g irls carrying flowers to their mommies is one the the BEST experiences in life! great picture!