{Thanking with Succulents}

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Monday was our last day of our homeschool co-op for the spring semester! That seems early, but I was ready. The stuff needed to teach two classes and send three kiddos to classes for 6 hours, is overwhelming. I start packing Sunday afternoon and don't stop until we're on the road with my two travel mugs of coffee in the cup holders Monday morning.

Okay, enough whining. Every other mom who is a part of our co-op works just as hard at making the experience as enjoyable and beneficial to each child. So, on this last day, I brought little mugs of thanks for the moms who teach my kids and the moms who assisted my classes. (stay tuned for pics of how we wrapped up the Little House class)


Mugs were from the Dollar Tree, where I am pretty certain every homeschool mom frequents on a regular basis. Succulents and ferns were from Lowes. Each gift was under $5.

And, I had to give myself some love....


For more succulent inspiration check out the Nesters post where she used old milk glass containers she'd collected over the years.

8 Creative People Had This To Say:

The Nester said...

That looks fantastic!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Love the succulents in such a simple modernish white mug. A very nice gift!

mub said...

How cute are those??! I love the idea of putting them in a mug, that wouldn't have occurred to me!

Rachel said...

One of my fav post so far. The plants are beautiful. I'm buying some succulents tomorrow. I'm sure each of the mom's appreciated the surprise.

Curdie said...

I'm glad you got yourself some tulips :)

Christi said...

What a sweet gift!

care said...

I am TOTALLY stealing this idea . . . I always need something new for Sunday school, preschool and music class teachers . . . 16 succulents in mugs coming right up!

Janis@HomeStyle said...

Very thoughtful gift, and it also looks amazing. Great job!!

I'm going to try this one for sure.