{The Waiting Game: Baby Bjorn Cover}

Monday, March 23, 2009

"Bonding and attachment in adoption are the most fundamental issues in a successful adoption. Adopted infants, no matter what age when adopted, have experienced great stresses - separation, isolation, new environment, new sounds, grief, loneliness and fear and require extra attachment promoting care.

Babywearing not only helps meet the infants need for security and reassurance it will also greatly enhance the bonding process." instinctiveparenting.com




So this weekend I dug out my Baby Bjorn and slip covered it-super easy and used less than a half a yard of fabric total! Might just have to make another...

For those of you who have used wraps, slings, bjorns and maitais, what kind of carrier do you recommend for a one-year old?

6 Creative People Had This To Say:

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Love the cover...you could make some serious money selling those I bet!

I didn't have a Baby Bjorn but used slings and wraps and maitais. I think I'm actually going to request to be cremated with my sling. My almost 3 year old still gets in it when he's feeling sick...

The Berry's Patch said...

Very cute. Love the colors. :-)

Aimee said...

I have used a hotsling, which I love. I have heard great things about moby wraps too. There is a little store in Richardson called Peppermint boutique and they specialize in fitting people with the right type of sling. It's a really neat store, I think you would like it:) We have also used a baby bjorn type of carrier for long trips, and Eric uses a backpack carrier for Zane for long trips where strollers are a hassle. Zane LOVES it. We've used it since he was 12 months. I know of a couple that always used it while mowing the grass, it's a great workout! Blessings!

christygirl said...

I second Peppermint...a very cool place. When I went I decided I really liked the Moby. However, it's just a really long piece of jersey knit so I "made" my own. Actually, if you'd like to try, I can give you one, since my 60" wide fabric was enough to make three! Interested? So far Joy and I love it. Of course, who knows what it'll be like at 1, but if you'd like to try one, let me know! It's brown.

Melissa said...

Our youngest came home from Korea at 17 months. We used a Chunei as well as a Baby Hawk, and they were both perfect.

care said...

How much are you selling them for? Can I place an order?