Links to Click

Monday, January 10, 2011



Or maybe it's only me.  I thought I came to the conclusion that I did not, in fact, have an addictive personality.  Although of late, I've taken to a few obsessions.  I think new years do that to me.
  • I need new thoughts around my home.  These printables are perfect. 
  • I have been on hypothyroidism medication since the '80's.  Recently I learned of a possible reason:  a gluten sensitivity (not gluten allergy).  I'm planning to eliminate gluten (and while I'm at it, dairy and sugar) for a trial period...I've read The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook (more than a cookbook) cover to cover.   
  • I love this FREE chart to help kids make their own healthy, balanced lunch so much, I laminated it.
  • One Thankful Mom has started a Rocking Mama Challenge -to rock your child for 15 minutes a day for 28 days.   I dare you to try it.  
Ok, tell me I'm not the only one with runaway enthusiasms--  what are you up to?  


Photobucket

5 Creative People Had This To Say:

Braley Mama said...

it all sounds so lovely:O)
I wanna try no gluten too, but i gotta keep my cheese :O)
Praying that this will balance out your thyroids!

September said...

Kristen,

Awesome lonks... definitely ones that I will be clicking on...Thanks again,... your blog is a fun place to stop by... every time.
I have missed seeing you post...
and don't worry.. there are a lot of us who find new "addictions" for the New Year! :)
Good, healthy, and encouraging ones for sure!
Blessings to you..
September
www.septembermccarthy.blogspot.com

Jenilee said...

You should read Elizabeth Hassalbeck's book about gluten. It has been such a BIG help to me! I've been gluten free since Oct. 1, 2010 and her book really made sense of some very confusing information! Love the links :)

care said...

I went off gluten and dairy during my last pregnancy. It was hard at first, but I found some new foods that I LOVE that I wouldn't have discovered otherwise. The hardest part was making two meals -- one for the rest of the family and one for me. I wish I could go off sugar. I think I do have an addictive personality when it comes to my sweet tooth. I think I must have inherited it from Grandpa C because chocolate is definitely my favorite fruit! :)

Kristen, pajama mama said...

Jenilee-i just got that book! any kid food that is G-free you recommend?

Care-I didn't know you went off gluten! My whole family is going off it all with me-there is no way I'm cooking twice per meal...any recommendations for gluten free bread? so far i've just made everything from scratch, but i can see that's not going to last long...